Home/Recipe List
MaMaChineseCooking.com is a Chinese cooking recipe exchange and sharing site. Here, you can read recipes from others & share recipes with others. Browsing all recipes is free! Sharing your recipes & feedback on others' recipes is free as well. To post any comments or recipes, kindly email your postings to MaMaChineseCooking@gmail.com & MaMaChineseCooking@yahoo.com (send to both). Register to have featured recipes delivered to you via email from time to time.
  Log inLog in      SearchSearch    RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    About MaMaChineseCooking.comAbout   
合桃糊 / 核桃糊 Walnut Paste Recipe & Picture
   Home/Recipe List -> Chinese Year-round Delicacies, Specialties & Desserts 中华长年美食, 甜品
< Previous recipe/topic | Next recipe/topic >  
Author: Amy Chen
PostPosted: 04 Jan    Recipe/Title: 合桃糊 / 核桃糊 Walnut Paste Recipe & Picture

Official Secret Restaurant Recipes
  • KFC Original Recipe Chicken
  • Boston Market Meatloaf
  • Jack Daniel's BBQ Sauce
  • Olive Garden Lasagna
  • Junior's NY Cheesecake (As seen on TV)
  • And over 200 more famous secret recipes!

English name : Walnut Paste Dessert / He Tao Hu
Simplified Chinese name : 合桃糊 / 核桃糊
Traditional Chinese name : 合桃糊 / 核桃糊
Mandarin PinYin : hé tao hú
Cantonese Pin Yin : haht tòuh wùh (Yale) hat6 tou4 wu4(Jyutping)

Walnuts (核桃/合桃) are nutritious and reputed to be good for the brain. Hu (糊) means paste and there are a host of other nuts which can be prepared the same way. The toasted walnuts give it a very good taste and sweetness from the sugar makes it simply irresistible. This recipe serves 3.

Ingredients:
40g shelled walnuts
1Tbsp of rice flour or uncooked rice soaked for 1 hour
3 cups water
2-3 Tbsp sugar

Method:
1. Toast walnuts in oven.
2. Blend walnuts, soaked uncooked rice and water in chopper/blender till very fine.
3. Pour into a small pot, add sugar and bring to the boil.
4. If using rice flour, mix it with some water, then mix it into the blended walnut and sugar in the pot. Bring it to the boil.
5. Serve hot.

Last edited by Amy Chen on 17 Feb; edited 4 times in total

Comments / Feedback / Answers (You are welcome to post) :
Author: apple pie
PostPosted: 02 Dec    Recipe/Title: Thank you for the fantastic recipes

Hi all,

Good day.

Many thanks... I have found many great recipes here. I tried a number of them and all turned out to be fantastic. I especially like this Walnut Paste Dessert recipe - had extra walnuts in the cabinet and this recipe gave me an additional way of preparing walnuts for consumption. Smile I like the milky & thick texture. And with the walnuts blendered fine, it helps the body to digest it.

from,
Apple Pie.
   Home/Recipe List -> Chinese Year-round Delicacies, Specialties & Desserts 中华长年美食, 甜品
Page 1 of 1

Go to:  
Official Secret Restaurant Recipes
You can email the link to any recipe/page to your friend. Just use the form found at the bottom of every page.
All recipe contributions are welcome - with or without photos.
To contribute & share, simply email your recipes or comments to MaMaChineseCooking@gmail.com & MaMaChineseCooking@yahoo.com (send to both).
When you contribute recipes, you can inform us that you want to keep the copyright and we'll honour that. Write "Copyright © <year> <your name>" at the end of your recipe.