Home/Recipe List
MaMaChineseCooking.com is a Chinese cooking recipe exchange and sharing site. Here, you can read recipes from others & share recipes with others. Browsing all recipes is free! Sharing your recipes & feedback on others' recipes is free as well. To post any comments or recipes, kindly email your postings to MaMaChineseCooking@gmail.com & MaMaChineseCooking@yahoo.com (send to both). Register to have featured recipes delivered to you via email from time to time.
  Log inLog in      SearchSearch    RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    About MaMaChineseCooking.comAbout   
Steamed Fish with Fermented Soybean Paste
   Home/Recipe List -> Fish, Prawn/Shrimp and other Seafood 鱼, 虾, 海鲜
< Previous recipe/topic | Next recipe/topic >  
Author: Mei
PostPosted: 01 Jul    Recipe/Title: Steamed Fish with Fermented Soybean Paste

Official Secret Restaurant Recipes
  • KFC Original Recipe Chicken
  • Boston Market Meatloaf
  • Jack Daniel's BBQ Sauce
  • Olive Garden Lasagna
  • Junior's NY Cheesecake (As seen on TV)
  • And over 200 more famous secret recipes!
Hi, I’m Mei. I love this website with its beautiful color scheme, images and good recipes. You mentioned in the Steamed Fish recipe that it can also be steamed with fermented soybean paste. I do steam my fish this way. I’m contributing this recipe and would be happy to know whether you do it the same way as I. Thank you.

Steamed Fish with Fermented Soybean Paste

Ingredients:
1 big or 3 medium-sized fish (any fish – red snapper, etc)
1½ tablespoons fermented soybean paste
2 chilies
4 cloves garlic
2 shallots
2.5 cm ginger
Some lime or lemon juice
1 tablespoon sugar
2 stalks spring onion
Some fried garlic oil

Preparation:
1. Blend or pound soybean paste, chilies, garlic, shallots and ginger until fairly fine.
2. Mix blended ingredients with some lime or lemon juice and sugar. (Add sugar according to taste)..
3. Place fish on steaming plate.
4. Spoon blended soybean paste mixture all over fish.
5. Steam for 10 minutes or until fish cooked.
6. Garnish with shredded spring onion and some fried garlic oil.

Comments / Feedback / Answers (You are welcome to post) :
Author: Amy Chen
PostPosted: 01 Jul    Recipe/Title:

Thanks Mei, for sharing your Steamed Fish with Fermented Soy Bean Paste recipe.

I do steam it this way but sometimes I fry the soy bean paste. The soy bean paste is fried with some garlic and chopped "extra-hot" small chilies. Add sugar - quite a bit - to balance the saltiness of the bean paste. Then spoon the fried paste over the fish.

Frying the soy bean paste enhances the flavor but steaming with unfried soybean paste is nice too and saves time.

I recommend some liquid added to the steaming for those who prefer some sauce with the fish.
   Home/Recipe List -> Fish, Prawn/Shrimp and other Seafood 鱼, 虾, 海鲜
Page 1 of 1

Go to:  
Official Secret Restaurant Recipes
You can email the link to any recipe/page to your friend. Just use the form found at the bottom of every page.
All recipe contributions are welcome - with or without photos.
To contribute & share, simply email your recipes or comments to MaMaChineseCooking@gmail.com & MaMaChineseCooking@yahoo.com (send to both).
When you contribute recipes, you can inform us that you want to keep the copyright and we'll honour that. Write "Copyright © <year> <your name>" at the end of your recipe.